Friday, December 29, 2023

Thinking About a Temperature Blanket

I don't remember when I first read about a "temperature blanket" - a striped knit or crocheted blanket where the colour of each stripe is determined by the outdoor temperature of the day... high, low or average - your choice. 


One example I saw included both daily highs and lows: Knit in small squares, the middle section represents the high while the border indicates the low.


However it's done, a temperature blanket involves 365 stripes or squares.


It takes about 9-10 colours. I wonder if I already have that many in my stash!


I'm going to have to check my stash to find all the colours I'll need. Then create a legend to refer to every day.


I wonder if I'll stick to the discipline of doing it ... every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment