Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Another Medal Arrives!


The medal marking my completion of the 298 km Cabot Trail virtual walk has arrived!

When I signed up for these virtual walks, I was looking forward to the scenery (as seen on Google maps). But I really did not expect to enjoy getting these "awards"... In fact, had there been an option to pay less and NOT get the medals, I'd have chosen that!

But it IS fun to look back and view these reminders of real steps taken - in my case, adding up to 1385 km since April!

So few of my daily efforts are counted... I have no idea how many meals I've prepared, beds I've made, loads of laundry I've done - or (to be fair) how many hours Terry has spent vacuuming the house, cutting the grass or shovelling snow this past year!

Would getting a medal of appreciation from time to time made these tasks feel less onerous?! I wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment