Sunday, December 31, 2023

Virtual Walking Update

This past April, I began taking virtual hikes - called "challenges." The app I use counts my daily steps and transfers them to a Google map.


I'm currently hiking "in India." 

I find these virtual walks interesting because I can see, on Google maps, the scenery I'm virtually walking through.


My daily walking (steps taken) has also increased about 50% since I began doing virtual walks.  It's been a real motivator for me.

In 2023 I walked, on average, 8,297 steps a day compared to 5,373 in 2022. That's almost 3,000 steps more daily, as counted on the health app on my cell phone, which I carry with me at all times.

Looking forward to continuing - and hopefully increasing - my total walking steps even more in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment