Saturday, December 24, 2022

Storm Watching

Much of the continent seems to be in the grips of a winter storm...


Terry was out shovelling the driveway yesterday. I was disappointed: I need some snow grip for walking, I told him...

But I needn't have even mentioned it... Blowing snow is covering the driveway again!


A bigger problem is happening few blocks away, where a large section of our neighbourhood is without power. 


We live near the tiny dot on the right of the city's power outage map above. Apparently 52 homes are without power. 


Unlike last May, when we were without power for 4 days because downed trees had fallen on electric wires, we'd have to leave our house because of the cold.

Winds are expected to pick up soon. It's 2:45 am as I sit here, unable to sleep. Maybe I should just go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment