Friday, December 2, 2022

Amaryllis Season

I was recently reminded that I need to plant my amaryllis bulb again - the one I bought last winter after Christmas. Its beautiful flower was such a joy once it bloomed in February.


I let it grow outdoors all summer, cutting off the leaves as they became limp - until only the bulb remained. Then I removed it from the soil and put it in a paper bag in the basement. I wonder if I can get it to bloom again...


Then I bought this box of three amaryllis bulbs in wax, already beginning to sprout. Easy to care for... They don't even need to be watered. 


I first heard about waxed bulbs from my neighbour Mary. I wonder if she has any this year, and what she does once they're finished blooming.


Four red blooms will definitely brighten the winter season - or maybe 12... if each plant has 3 flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment