Tuesday, May 31, 2022

New Metal Knitting Needles

I love to knit. I’ve been knitting since I was 16. At the time, mohair sweaters were in style and I started to make one for myself. Realizing I could actually create clothing for myself was a great motivator. Later on I began to crochet as well.

I’ve knit regularly over the years - more since retiring. Knitting is very portable, so I often take knitting along when travelling. It’s easy to toss into a bag.

A few years ago, I developed wrist pain while knitting… If took me a while to realize that it might be linked to the new bamboo knitting needles I was using. I thought bamboo might be gentler on the hands then metal, but I later read that they create more strain on the wrist because they offer more resistance to the yarn than steel knitting needles. The hand has to do more work.

After thinking about it for a while, I recently purchased a set of metal needles, hoping I’ll notice a difference in my wrist pain. It would be wonderful to knit painlessly again!

Knitting is a pastime I definitely don’t want to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment