Sunday, May 1, 2022

Mystery Solved?!

Two pairs of ducks are regulars on our street.











It’s not unusual to see them pick at grass as they wander by. But I’ve often wondered where their nest is…











My granddaughter recently decided to follow them. I’m not sure if she thought she could catch them…











They don’t appear to move all that quickly as they waddle and pause. But they always manage to keep safely out of reach.

As she followed, they suddenly disappeared. Did they wander through a hole in the fence of the nursing home where my mother used to live?!


Looking through the bushes, I spied them swimming in the garden pond, home to a collection of gold fish.

I’d  love to go in and see if that’s where they’ve built their nest… But in these Covid days, visitors who aren’t family or friends of residents probably aren’t allowed.

It would be strange to tell the receptionist: “I’ve come to visit your ducks”!!

No comments:

Post a Comment