Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Destructive Storm

Last Saturday, a destructive storm passed through our community.

We were told to expect rain and strong winds…

But we didn’t expect so many trees to lose branches, like these in our neighbors’ Earl and Mary’s back yard.

We also didn’t expect to see power lines snap, on a busy shopping street, near the mall where I used to go to the gym.

(An hour before this happened, I drove down this very street!)

At the next corner, next to the high school my sons attended, the power lines - now disconnected, I hope -  hover above the road. Thankfully no one was killed.

A large part of the city still has no electricity.

I now head to our local MacDonald’s for my morning coffee - and to recharge my cell phone. I go to bed at sundown.

Life has definitely changed!


No comments:

Post a Comment