Sunday, January 9, 2022

So Much Like My Dad…

A while back, on Facebook, I came across an old photo of Gyro Park in Kelowna, BC taken in the 1970’s. I know the park well. When I lived there, it was a popular public beach in the city.











Looking at it brought back such good memories.

My eyes suddenly stopped at the bottom right corner of the picture. A thin middle aged man wearing a long sleeved shirt, long pants - and no sun hat - sitting on the sand between two sunbathing girls looked SOOO familiar.











Was that my father?! Had he driven visiting relatives to the beach - and decided to stay for a while?!

As unlikely as it is that I would find my father’s picture on an old postcard, I’ve been emailing this screenshot to various cousins, asking: Is that you on the beach in Kelowna with my dad?

So far, no luck! But to me, that man’s resemblance to my father is uncanny!


No comments:

Post a Comment