Thursday, January 13, 2022

Another Exercise Option

Upstairs, in my sewing room, sits an exercise bike I use some winters more than others.

I haven’t used it in a few years…

It’s deadly boring… without added interest. Some years I’ve listened to podcasts - on CD - or watched TV reruns on DVD while I pedal.

A new idea has come to me this winter - a virtual trek I’ve seen advertised on Instagram…











Like this hike around the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada. (Terry and I have driven around it… so maybe something new…)

The same company also offers virtual walks - or bike rides - along the Great Wall of China… The virtual trip requires an app, which comes with a price, of course…

Would it be worth it, if it motivated me to keep cycling day after day? How much scenery do they show on the app as one hikes or pedals along?

How interesting would they make it? That is really the question! Would it keep me motivated to use my exercise bike day after day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment