Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Potato Waffles

I recently came across an interesting recipe for waffles made out of frozen hash brown potatoes.











I rarely eat hash browns, though my mother and grandmother often made potato pancakes (also called latkes) - and they’re similar. My son was joining us for brunch, so I made a few more. I mixed together

  • 2 cups of frozen hash browns
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon chopped onion (the original recipe called for shallots)
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese - though I simply cut the cheese into small pieces

















I dropped about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture on the hot waffle iron to make each waffle. Then I PRESSED THE LID FOR A FEW SECONDS TO SQUISH THE POTATOES DOWN. I think this is an important step as I noticed a comment online that the waffles were crumbly. Mine definitely weren’t!

We enjoyed them with bacon and eggs.



Afterwards my son and I wondered about laying half a strip of cooked bacon on top of each waffle... maybe even another raw egg?! (Maybe that would be too much!)

The cheese definitely made the potato waffles extra delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment