Friday, January 7, 2022

Knitting Challenge

I recently downloaded a knitting pattern I came across online...

















Then - very early one morning before stores got busy - I ventured out to get some yarn. 


















The pattern indicated that it was “beginner” level - but I was soon challenged by several knitting terms I hadn’t encountered before: cable cast on and double stitch.


















Fortunately the pattern provided links to online  instructions...


















Cable cast on was a little challenging to learn - probably because  I was doing it too tightly...

I hadn’t done “German short rows” before and learned a new kind of double stitch to avoid creating gaping holes in the knitting. 


















Another sweater knit top down, this one is a little different. Here is the top back as I knit the right shoulder.

A few days later, I’m a little further down…


















(As usual, I hope that it will fit and that I’ll like it in the end!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment