Saturday, January 22, 2022

Mother’s Faut Pas!

To understand what happened here, you have to know two things...



One, that my daughter has a cat named “Panda.”

Two, that my daughter is interested in buying a house or a condo - and she regularly forwards us real estate listings for our perusal.











Recently, I opened a real estate email I assumed was from my daughter. It featured a new high rise called “Panda” in Toronto. 

How cute, I thought...  Our daughter doesn’t normally like living in tall apartment buildings - but this one is called “Panda”!

After reading a bit, I realized that the building hadn’t been built yet. They were looking for investors... 

I quickly replied:

I wouldn’t invest in something that hasn’t been built yet. XO Mom 

Later, talking to my daughter, I mentioned it:

Were you seriously thinking about that Panda condo? I asked.

She looked puzzled. What Panda condo? 

The information you sent me in an email...

I didn’t send you an email, she replied.

Well, I sent a reply saying I thought it was a bad investment - and signed it, “love, Mom”! 

We both had a good laugh!!

I suspect that someone in the condo sales office is going to be very puzzled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment