Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Tomatoes and Geraniums

When my children were young and I had a vegetable garden (to show them where veggies come from), I remember planting marigolds nearby to keep some predator at bay. I don’t remember whether I was thinking about insects, slugs or squirrels… 











This year, on impulse, I purchased a small tomato plant, intending to put it in a large garden pot. But I ended up planting it in an unused flower bed Terry created last fall… together with several geranium plants.

I don’t know if geraniums keep insects or squirrels at bay, but I’m impressed by how the three plants have intertwined and seem to hug each other with their branches. 











And I notice a few tomatoes have formed. As soon as they begin to turn pink, I plan to pick them - before some animal or slug gets a chance to take a bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment