Friday, July 2, 2021

My Favourite Summer Flowers


No more blog posts on flowers! Terry says. You’ve done so many…. (But flowers give me such joy, especially at this time of the year!!) 










(So I ignore his comments!)











My favourite summer flowers are these orange lilies, because they make such a strong, colourful impact. 



They give me a glad welcome when I come home!

They grow well in our area... and even grow well under pine trees.











When we moved to our home, there were three bunches of orange lilies in our back yard, dividing our yard from our neighbour’s. There was no fence or hedge there then. Over the years, I’ve divided them and planted them all over the yard.











They are so bright (and cheerful!) - To me, they just exude joy!!











I just wish their blooming season lasted a little longer. In a week or two they will be gone … until next


No comments:

Post a Comment