Saturday, July 10, 2021

Double Vaxed!

Two weeks ago, I got my second vaccine dose - my jab - as my daughter calls it. So, according to public health officials, I’m “fully vaxed”... and very thankful!











What can I say but that it’s such a relief?!

I’m very proud of Canadians who have quietly set out to get this vaccination rollout done... Proud of the politicians who set differences in political views aside to cooperate on this.

My life has been touched by two pandemics: When I was a child, polio was rampant. In fact, the beginning of one year school year in Alberta, where I lived, was delayed by several weeks because of an outbreak...

All that fear - of children becoming paralyzed or dying - ended when a vaccine was developed in the mid 1950’s and we were all vaccinated. 

I’m hoping the same for this second pandemic. I’ve been praying for a safe vaccine and a smooth vaccination campaign since this pandemic began in March 2020, and I’m hoping that - just as we don’t give much thought to polio any more, soon this current pandemic will be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment