Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Virtual Walking Milestone


Last spring I started using a virtual walking app that transfers my daily steps - as counted by my cell phone app - to a google map of an actual trail somewhere in the world.


My first virtual walk was on the "Jesus Trail" between Nazareth and Caperneum in Israel (62.74 km). That took me 9 days to complete.

My next virtual walk took me to a Mayan location in Mexico. Again, not a long walk. Just under 155 km in 26 days.


I decided to make my third virtual walk a lot longer. It took me all summer (126 days) to complete the 775 km Camino de Santiago virtually. 


I completed that yesterday - and immediately signed up for another virtual walk, this time in Canada...


It's the 299.4 km Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia, Canada. Many years ago, one rainy May, Terry and I drove along the highway near the trail. I remember how beautiful the scenery was, even in the rain. I'd like to do it again sometime. In the meantime, I'm counting on my slow virtual walk to fill in some of the details I missed when I was there in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment