Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Honest Answer

Three-year-olds are wonderful! They ask lots of questions... (Everything is WHY?!) And they are so, so honest!


A few weeks ago, our grandson was over for the day. We headed out to find construction sites to observe - and we found a few. 


Near one, we also came across a "Little Library" with a children's book inside. 


Would you like this book? I asked.

Yes!

As we headed home with the book, he asked lots of questions about the Little Library...

Why are the books in there?

Some people don't want certain books anymore, I replied, and they want to share. Maybe we could take some of our books that we don't read and put them in there too - to share.

I don't like to share, he replied. 

(Oh Jericho, I wanted to say... Your grandma doesn't like to share either! That's why our book shelves are overflowing!)

His honesty put me to shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment