Friday, October 27, 2023

Hockey Game!

A few days ago, I went to a junior hockey game with my son and grandkids. I had a really good time. Glad they invited me to come along.


I guess it was an exciting game... I have a hard time following the drama of goals scored and penalties given. I've even been known to get mixed up about which team is which.


For me, there's  more drama - and fun - in little kids trying to score on an empty net (at intermission)...

And watching the zamboni miss a spot...


I usually enjoy singing along with the organ music - but there wasn't much of that. I missed singing "Who let the dogs out..." whenever the opposing team misses a shot on goal and "YMCA" - just to get us all swinging our arms

My granddaughter was also hoping they'd play "Cotton-eyed Joe" - a sign for everyone to get up and dance.


She did have fun going up and down the bouncy slide at intermission...


And eating popcorn.

I soaked in the ambiance, thankful for the dad - sitting behind me - who pointed out finer points of the game to his young son and explained the blue line rules, saying that blue lines de-marked each team's "house."

I'd never buy a ticket and go to a game on my own - but next time there's a spare one in a family pack, I hope I'm invited. Maybe they'll sing YMCA - or Cotton-eyed Joe - again!

No comments:

Post a Comment