Sunday, September 10, 2023

The "Gift" of Being Nice

One of the most wonderful talents a person can have is the GIFT of "niceness" - the gift of making people feel important and valued, whatever the situation.

A few days ago, I was at Costco to book a Shingrix shot at the pharmacy.

The young woman who served me was so PLEASANT, so engaging, that I felt I had found a new friend - even though I wouldn't recognize her if I saw her again - she was wearing a medical mask. Her pleasantness still shone through!

As she took my information and entered it on her computer, as we waited for the machine to process, we managed to have a brief conversation about Ottawa and Alberta (where we had both lived). Talking to her totally lifted my spirits!

Some people do that...


I don't know how... It must be a gift - one I'd  really love to have! 


No comments:

Post a Comment