Monday, September 11, 2023

It's Not My Job!


In our family, we all have our roles. One of Terry's (by HIS choice) is cutting the grass.


I'VE decided that "bugs" are also his domain. When a large black centipede scooted across the floor early one morning, I stopped. So did he!

I hurried to get an empty plastic yogurt container, hoping he wouldn't disappear while I was gone.. He was still there, so I dropped the container over him. I then added a note to warn Terry about what was underneath.

I wondered if the centipede would still be under the empty yogurt container when Terry got up. (It was!)

There were two interesting reactions to the above scenario:

When I sent my daughter the above picture, she was shocked (perhaps even disgusted) that I wasn't dealing with the problem myself. (Are women braver these days?!)

Terry, on the other hand, was happy to oblige - BUT he was surprised that, having had the bug in captivity for over an hour, I hadn't yet given him a name!

No comments:

Post a Comment