Tuesday, February 8, 2022

“The Joy of Clutter”

The February edition of Maclean’s Magazine has an article entitled “The Joy of Clutter.” It was written by a woman…

Do women tend to have more problems with clutter than men?! I don’t think so - based on my limited experience - though in our household, my clutter tends to extend farther than Terry’s! I’m responsible for more cluttered spaces than he is!

The article describes the “maximalism” of the Victorian era… which is something I personally find claustrophobic. That’s not my kind of clutter…

Mine is constantly wanting to be surrounded by plants - because they give me joy, books to read and craft projects at my fingertips - because I don’t want to be bored. Creativity brings me so much joy!

Are we craving comfort from our stuff as a result of Covid confinement, as the article suggests? Do our possessions remind us of happier times in our life - and comfort us?











I’ve always liked to be surrounded by things that bring back happy memories… For me, winter - when I spend so much time indoors - is my prime decluttering time time, if I have time to do it … and this winter I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment