Wednesday, February 23, 2022

7 (Yes, 7!) Habits for Happier Ageing

Did someone have a contest for the 7 best habits on healthy ageing?

I’m wondering - because I read an interesting  online article on my news feed on that topic a few days ago. Later, when I wanted to find it again - I found TWO DIFFERENT articles, each with 7 slightly different lists of habits.

(I now wonder what evidence these articles are based on!)

MU Health (University of Missouri) suggests that the 7 best habits to form now in order to age better are to use sun protection, get enough sleep, drink a gallon of water a day, eat balanced meals, exercise, take care of your skin and keep a positive attitude.

The magazine, Real Simple, considers the following 7 habits essential if you want to age well: maintain a positive attitude, eat healthy foods, eat only until you’re full - not stuffed, exercise, keep socially active, use sun protection, and get adequate sleep.

The original article I read started with giving up smoking and drinking - and ended with something about resiliency. 

I wonder how many articles with “7 habits“ are out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment