Friday, February 18, 2022

Shared Soup

When our older son was four, he had a wonderful kindergarten teacher! I’ve posted pictures of her class elsewhere in the blog.











I understand that nowadays teachers send emails to parents, updating them of class activities. In those days children came home with photocopied sheets.

This sheet is a request that the children bring certain uncooked vegetables to school - on Wednesday, October 6, 1986. The class would be making a vegetable soup that they would then share in eating.

I must have asked the teacher for the recipe because I added the instructions: Add vegetables to 8 cups of boiling water and 4 cubes of soup broth mix. Simmer for an hour.

I later added the comment: Delicious!

(My son must have done some practice writing on the paper as well!)

Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment