Wednesday, February 16, 2022

My Indoor Plant Spaces

I have three indoor plant “gardens” - one, facing north, in the living room… 

(There are also a few corners of the house with larger plants - trees - growing in them.)


Another plant area is in our “no-TV” room, which has windows facing north - away from direct sunlight. …


















And windows facing  west, so the plants get afternoon sun.


















Another south-facing window is in the upstairs bedroom I now call my sewing room.


















Spider plants, geraniums and aloe vera plants do well here. 


















They like the sun - and need to dry out between waterings. I tend to forget plants in this room, so they aren’t watered as often. 

I’ve recently enlarged this indoor garden by adding a second shelving unit under the sewing room window…


















Now I have room for a few more plants - which is lucky. Although I hope to move some of the geraniums outside in spring, my daughter wants me to take a few of her plants that one of her cats likes to chew on.

(And to think that - when I was a child, I hated watering my mother's plants every Saturday morning! I remember telling her that when I had my own home, there’d be NO PLANTS TO WATER!! Now I have far more than she ever had!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marlene! To water plants every Saturday morning is a good idea. I never remember when I watered mine last time!

    ReplyDelete