Saturday, February 5, 2022

My “Popcorn Diet”!!

In fall, I returned to weight watchers (now called WW). I was a member 35 years ago, after gaining what I think they now call “baby weight” - weight gained during pregnancy that didn’t leave after the baby was born.

Without going into details about my reasons for joining now, I simply wanted to comment on my eating plan - which currently includes as much popcorn as I want to eat… unbuttered, of course!











Instead if going to weekly meetings, I enter what I eat on an app on my phone. After answering questions like age, current weight and foods you like to eat, the app algorithm suggests how many “points” of food I should eat daily to lose weight - and gives me a list of 0-points food.

Think of points as money… Every day you have a certain amount to spend - plus there’s a weekly “pot” of extra points as well that one can dig into as well. Some foods, like most vegetables, are “free.” In fact, most vegetables are not only “free” - you actually “earn” extra points by eating them! The goal is to develop healthy eating  habits - as well as lose weight.

Boredom is always a problem when dieting. To mix things up a bit, one can redo the questions about what foods one likes to eat.











The last time I did that, I was surprised to find that unbuttered popcorn was in my list of “free” foods - so now I make some every day.

When I tire of it, I’ll redo my food questions once again!

But for now I’m enjoying my “popcorn diet”!!


No comments:

Post a Comment