Saturday, March 20, 2021

So Appealing!

I’ve been noticing patterns for knit blankets that depict city streets...











I’m not sure why these designs are so appealing to me. Maybe staying home so much this past year has given me a greater love of community - being surrounded by others.











In any event, I’ve been discovering more “community” patterns of houses in different styles.











I particularly like this pattern, because of the black borders. But should I, perhaps, create my own city-scape?! Or should I follow a tried and true pattern first?

Here’s a quilted city scene in lighter colours...











One big question for me would be: which colours - and how many colours would look best? I’ll have to think about this before beginning such a mammoth task! I don’t want to do all that work and end up disappointed with the result - though that’s always a chance one takes when making something.

No comments:

Post a Comment