Thursday, March 11, 2021

Rideau Falls

From time to time, Terry and I like to head over to the Rideau Falls, on Sussex Drive... It's always interesting to see what's happening... 

Would there be big chunks of ice flying over the falls? we wondered as we headed over last week.








Not yet...








But we did see an ice fishing shack across the water. I wonder when they'll bring it back to land... I've heard they measure the ice. It has to be at least 22 inches thick to be safe...










To our surprise, we also saw several turkeys... Males, according to a birdwatcher who was following them with his binoculars...








They eventually flew up over the French Embassy Fence...








I should have asked the birdwatcher when we could expect to see their offspring wandering around. I don't think I've ever seen young wild turkeys... Young Canada geese - at Andrew Haydon park, yes... But never baby wild turkeys! I wonder if the embassy grounds is full of birds...

No comments:

Post a Comment