Thursday, March 25, 2021

Planning a New Knitting Project

For the past few weeks I’ve been thinking about buying two online patterns for knit afghans.



I finally decided to get the one that uses thicker yarn.... I really love the colours!











Now to sort through my scraps to see if I have enough for the project. The pattern suggests mixing a dozen different colors.

I quickly realize that I have two thicknesses of yarn: The thin is mainly from my mother’s stash; the thicker, leftover from my own projects. 

Should I mix the two - which would mean modifying numbers of stitches? Use the thicker yarn - and make fewer rows of houses? Or use the thinner yarn?

Maybe I should start by making a square using each type of yarn - then see which I like best...

So many options!!

No comments:

Post a Comment