Saturday, July 6, 2019

Summer Crafts

There's a lot to do outdoors in summer...

But it's also nice to sit indoors and work on crafty things...

I pulled out this shawl I knit a few years ago. I haven't worn it much.

Would it be more useful as a sweater?

I sewed the sides together to make a kimono-shaped jacket (which took less than half an hour).









 I like it - though the stripes in front don't match!

















The idea came from a crochet pattern I'm using with this variegated yarn...

I've had the yarn for years.

It's a perfect project to do when I travel.







I'm also knitting this black flecked yarn into a sweater using a pattern I've knit before in white. It's one of my favorites.

The one thing I haven't done yet this summer is quilt! My sewing room has sat untouched since Christmas.

Hopefully I'll get to that soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment