Friday, July 12, 2019

Currently in Bloom...

My perennial flower beds are constantly changing...

Currently in bloom - in the back yard - is this clematis, which I planted quite a few years ago. Later I planted a second late-summer variety next to it - which never bloomed.

I wonder if I should try again...?







The white shasta daisies that I received years ago from a colleague are beginning to bloom in the front yard, as are the round red knautia flowers.










Mauve geraniums are now in bloom as well - surrounding the remnants of the irises that flowered a few weeks ago. These geraniums may be my longest-blooming summer flower.









The yellow day lilies are also in bloom. I heard somewhere that removing the dead flowers makes more bloom.

I've tried that, but never seem to have that many flowers.







Also in bloom now is the yellow star-shaped coreopsis - and some purple flowers I planted years ago, but have forgotten their names!

They surprise me every time they bloom here and there in the flower beds. I wonder if they're self seeding.







Orange tiger lilies are also beginning to bloom. When their season ends, I feel (with a tinge of sadness) that summer is half over!

It's never long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment