Friday, September 27, 2024

"Super Messy"

Grandma, your office is super messy, my four-year-old grandson commented as he peered in.

Yes, I agreed. Don't go in there - or you might mess up my mess!


I don't like the mess either - but, the thing is, I can find most things I'm looking for.

It's a mystery - a little like an archeological excavation. I know what the different piles are - so I just have to dig down into that pile a bit to find what I'm looking for.

Sometimes I find bonus surprises - like an eye glasses case that's gone missing.

But mostly these piles are "mounds of indecision"... Sorting through papers, letters or photos - mine or my mother's -  I reach a point where I don't know what to do. A sentimental decision has to be made but I can't face it... so I take a break to gain perspective... And there it lies.

The good news is that I will eventually get back to it. It just takes a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment