Monday, September 30, 2024

Saying Goodbye

A few days ago, Terry and I removed the last personal items from our daughter's Ottawa apartment and handed back the keys.


Her move happened quickly last month. With a  job offer in Toronto in mid-July and a start date in early August, she didn't have time to look back with nostalgia. She barely had time to pack up and leave!


But I was almost teary-eyed as I walked through the empty apartment, remembering how, in spring of 2022, Terry and I had hunted for a suitable place for her - showing her various apartments on Face Time as we toured different ones, among them - this one. She was living in southetn Ontario at the time, working remotely for a company in Toronto.


She had enjoyed two good years here - and spent more time with our family than she had in years. They were wonderful years for me - so I was sad to let them go.

No comments:

Post a Comment