Friday, September 20, 2024

More Japanese Anemnes?

I've discovered that flowers either do very well in my flower beds - or they die and disappear.


When they do well, they spread until they're hard to control.... like the Japanese anemones in our front garden bed, above.

Those that don't do well, diminish - then completely disappear... Like pink echinacea flowers and "bleeding hearts" that used to grow here.

I love them - I've planted them several times... But this year none flowered. Perhaps they can't toletate the acidity of the soil with the pine trees overhead.

Last year, Terry asked me to dig up some of the Japsnese anemones. The roots had spread and the flowers were taking over the lawn... (Not that I mind!)

So I dug up a few spade-fuls - and replanted them in the middle of the flower bed. I see they've taken hold. I wonder what next year will bring... More flowers? Or diminishing blooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment