Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Needle Felted Seal



On our last pottery session, the potter who first told me about the craft of needle felting brought her little felted creature to show me.

It's a harbour seal.


The kit was made by a Canadian crafter in Western Canada.


I immediately went out in search of a needle felting kit to do as well... and bought a kit to make this felted bird. (I later bought this little bird house to go with it!) The kit I bought was made in Scotland.

I haven't finished it - I haven't glued them in yet. I'm  wondering what to do. 

The little bird isn't as solid as I'd like it to be... My daughter suggested that I pull it apart  and start over. That's pretty drastic!

Sometimes, when I don't like a craft project I'm  working on, I put it away and work on something else for a while - to get a fresh perspective on it when I return to it.

Now that my pottery session is over, I'll hopefully have more time to figure out how to proceed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment