Sunday, April 28, 2024

Back to Painting

Ten days ago, I drove to Almonte, to the church we've been attending with my son and his family.


I should mention that Almonte is known - among other things - for its annual puppet festival and for making puppets.... a form of art.

But I was heading to the church basement where "creative circles" meet on different days of the week. I had decided to check out the group that meets to do art.


I wasn't planning to participate - just check out what they did.., but I was offered water color pencils and paper - and did a bit...


As a photo reference. I used a photo from my phone - a Hawaiian sunset that I took in 2019 on my last night in Maui.


Later, at home, I added to my picture, trying to make it more vibrant. Here it is, still unfinished. More black needed?!


No masterpiece!... No pressure either... just relaxing and fun, sitting around, painting and chatting - sharing tips and stories. 

I'd like to make the painting "circle" a part of my week - as I don't seem to do much painting on my own and I want to be more creative. It gives me such joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment