Monday, April 8, 2024

April Snow


Last week we were surprised by snow!


Spring snow... You never know what a combination of heavy wet snow and strong wind can do. East of Ottawa, in Quebec, there were serious power outages .


In my older son's neighbourhood, it knocked down this basketball net. He goes to work before 6AM. It must have happened shortly before this picture was taken, as there are fresh car tracks underneath.


When I got up, noticed animal tracks in the snow. The ones above were made by a squirrel.


Not sure who made these larger, longer prints. Perhaps s rabbit?

(The pock marks are wet snow drops clinging to the window.)

At 8 AM I asked my son about the roads. He walks a block to catch a bus before 6 AM so he's my "man on the street." I had plans to go out. Would I need to change them?


But by noon, when I planned to leave, roads and sidewalks had been cleared.


No comments:

Post a Comment