Saturday, April 13, 2024

Latest Plant Pots

In my last pottery session (January to March) - a hand building studio - I tried to make larger pots - ones that would hold some of my indoor potted plants.

I was only partially successful. Only three of the four are wide enough. 


And even the large blue one has the plant pot sitting on top of the rim. The opening would need to be wider for the whole pot to fit in.

One of the potters, an 88-year old neighbour named Dina, showed me how to make "eyes" on my clay using a little ball of white clay topped with a dab of black clay, then rolling them in... (Yes, with a rolling pin!)

The result - the brown vase with the eyes in the top picture - could hold cut flowers (or knitting needles!) but not a round pot.

More practice needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment