Friday, April 5, 2024

Good Friday Walk

Last Friday, Terry and I headed to Almonte to participate in their annual Good Friday "Walk of the Cross" - that started outside Old Town Hall and continued down streets in older neighbourhoods, stopping at various churches along the way.


The event was very well organized. A portable PA system, seen in the picture below, was pulled along from church to church in a wagon.

For me, it was interesting to see these neighborhoods and their churches - although we didn't step inside.


I wasn't sure how many people would join in the walk - but the day was sunny (if cold), which probably encouraged more people to participate.


There were lots of older folk like me - but also families with baby strollers.


An interesting day - as we wandered down streets I had never visited before.


All in all, the walk took about an hour - one of the advantages of walking in a smaller town.

No comments:

Post a Comment