Monday, August 14, 2023

Our First Kelowna Home

When our family first moved to Kelowna in the late 1950's, we lived on Bay Avenue, in a two-bedroom bungalow that was newly built.


Here is a picture (above) from our family photo album...


My cousin recently rode his bike past and sent me this photo of the way it looks now. I was confused - in part, because we had a carport, not a garage. 

The house looks well maintained. I wonder of the tree shading the front bedroom window, on the right, is the same one my father planted, seen in our photo.


The front window is different. The family that lived there after us put in a bay window for flowers, but this one looks updated . The front door has been replaced.


The city has grown exponentially over the years. When we moved there, the population was around  12,000. Now they tell me it's over 100,000.

And housing prices have apparently gone through the roof!

My parents loved living there - and it's still considered a very desirable place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment