Thursday, August 10, 2023

Maui Wild Fires

In April 2019, my older son and I flew to Maui for a week's vacation. We had a wonderful time. Later I compiled a photo album about our adventure.


One of the places we visited was the town of Lahaina, where we caught a boat-bus to another island to visit a cat sanctuary I had read about.


After our excursion, we had returned to Lahaina, wandered around the town, purchased souvenirs - and enjoyed a seaside fish meal.


That was 4 years ago... A fun, memorable day...


Then yesterday, I came across several news stories online. They told of dangerous brush fires in Maui. The town most seriously burned appears to Lahaina, where we had caught the boat and then eaten supper at a seaside restaurant.

It was such a sad shock! 

No comments:

Post a Comment