Thursday, January 12, 2023

Making Something From (Almost) Nothing

I have a lot of yarn in my “stash.” Like many knitters and crocheters, I buy - not only for specific projects - but whenever I see pretty yarn at a reasonable price, even if I’m not sure what I’m going to do with it.

In addition to my stash of full skeins, I have bits of leftover yarn from projects. It can be useful for mending… or even making new things.


Recently, in the midst of knitting the final sleeve of a sweater I started a few months ago, I noticed some bright bits of leftover yarn I keep in a container - for mending … or whatever… 

I had a sudden urge to start a crocheted afghan using a simple pattern my mother taught me. I’ve made several several afghans with it and they always turn out pretty. I made a few inches.

The last one I started became a shawl. So this one may become a shawl, a scarf ... or a blanket...


In the meantime, it's just "growing "!

No comments:

Post a Comment