Sunday, January 22, 2023

Daring to Use My Air Fryer!


I asked "Santa" for an air fryer for Christmas - after one of my sons kept raving about his. I'm trying to remember what he mentioned making in it... Fish and French fries? Warmed up pizza? Leftovers? I don't remember. (I should have been paying more attention!)

In any event, it sounded like the perfect kitchen appliance to make leftovers taste amazing...

My other son got it for me. I was delighted! Then panic! What do I do now?!

It took me a week to take it out of the box, another week to prepare it for use... Then two more weeks to get up the nerve to plug it in.

It occurred to me, as I plugged it in, that someone could make a bit of money going to people's houses to teach them how to use new appliances. (I still don't really know how to get the full benefit of my washer and dryer, after years of having them. I realized that when an overnight guest did cycles I didn't know existed!)


Anyway, when I asked my son to help me figure out the air fryer, he said; Just go to Youtube... which I finally did. 

After listening to several videos by "Fabulessly Frugal" I got up the nerve to plug the machine in, slice up a potato and a sweet potato - and make two kinds of fries!

They were good!

Now I think I'm ready to try fried chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment