Monday, March 14, 2022

What Kind of Plant is This?











I found an interesting article on winter-blooming house plants - and how to care for them after they’ve finished blooming.


It was the picture of the bright red amaryllis that caught my eye - so similar to the one I’m growing (below). I didn’t even notice the plant behind it.











Only later did I notice the delicate pale pink flowers behind the amaryllis - and realized: I have one of those, too! (Though I can’t remember what it’s called.)

It doesn’t need much care. I have it in a large pot in indirect sunlight.

I often forget to water it for a week or more. In spite of my lack of care, once a year - more or less - it blooms.

It’s my oldest house plant… a gift from a friend, the year Terry and I lived in Toronto… several years before our first child was born!

No comments:

Post a Comment