Thursday, March 10, 2022

Newspaper Surprise

A few days ago, Terry and I headed out for a drive to Almonte. 











We haven’t been there in months.











We walked along a snowy bike path - formerly a train bridge - that crossed the frozen river.











At the old city hall - where public restrooms are often open - we picked up the latest edition of local news and events.











When we got home, I noticed the cover art … and story… 











The artist’s name sounded vaguely familiar… though I didn’t recognize his face.

Was this the same young man I remember from Knox Presbyterian Church on Elgin Street, the church we attended when we lived downtown? (Forty years ago!) If so, I remember his parents well…

After reading his bio, I realized it was!

All these years later, one of his daughters has a tea house in Almonte, across the street from the old city hall, where his drawings will be on display in mid-March. (It’s called Tea and Cake Catering.)

We definitely must visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment