Saturday, March 5, 2022

Photo Mystery

My mother enjoyed travelling and meeting people. So it’s not surprising that, as I sort through her photos, I occasionally come across people I don’t know.

Here’s one I recently found - my mother sitting in the shade with someone I didn’t recognize… at least, not at first.











On the back of the photos was a date; June 1986. Also the words, Ottawa cottage. Several other pictures had the same date and place written  on them… But who were those people?!


A sudden flash of recognition! The woman in the shade with my mother was an old friend of ours (Anne) - a former neighbour we had been close to when our children were young… 

We haven’t seen her in years!

(So that’s our family in the pictures!)

A few years after we moved to our house, Anne and her family renovated a cottage on a lake and made it their permanent home. We visited them there once… (Had my mother been visiting us at the time?!)

After they moved away, we gradually lost touch.

They had been wonderful friends to us for a number of years. One special memory was the time Anne and her younger daughter offered to babysit our kids so that Terry and I could go Christmas shopping without them. 

Memories flooded back… thanks to my mother’s pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment