Wednesday, November 17, 2021

What Exactly Does That Mean?!

I realize that every generation creates new words or uses existing words in a new way...

So I guess I’m dating myself when I wonder...











What on earth is “slub-knit”?

Or “voop neck”?!! (My spell check didn’t even know - it changed VOOP neck to COOP!)

Maybe I need to consult the Urban Dictionary! They’re usually up to date on the latest terms.











Well, they’re no help! When I looked up “slub” alone, they didn’t have the word on their list...











They don’t know what voop neck was either...











So I looked up “voop” by itself, and I’m pretty sure that isn’t what the t-shirt ad meant to say!

As a post script, I later asked my daughter about these two words. She informed me that slub knit means knit with uneven thicknesses of fibre in it, so the knitting would have texture to it. Maybe some pile, in fact. But she had no idea about “voop”!

No comments:

Post a Comment