Thursday, November 11, 2021

Canadians Remember

November 11 is Canadian Remembrance Day. At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, Canada remembers those soldiers who fought in Canadian wars - especially those who died. 











There is usually a large crowd at Ottawa’s tomb of the unknown soldier every Remembrance Day and the ceremony of laying a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier is televised all over Canada. Terry and I headed downtown for the service one year. Both his father and grandfather were Canadian war veterans. My father’s father died in World War I, when my dad was only 4.











I find it moving to see the remembrance monuments in small towns, like the one above in Almonte...











This one in Manotick...


And this one in Merrickville.

In a small community where everyone knows everyone, when anyone dies, it’s like losing family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment