Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Goodbye, High School Art Project!

I’m finally saying “good-bye” to a high school art project made by one of my kids.











It’s been sitting on a basement storage shelf for around 20 years... 

If it weren’t made of plaster of Paris - which crumbles easily, producing fine dust, I’d have displayed it In the living room...

I like it...

But the artist who made it has become a “minimalist” who berates me for keeping so much useless stuff.

What else can I do but toss it - and other parts of the plaster art project?!











It’s hard to be the sentimental keeper of family history. Fortunately, Terry has a hard time parting with family artifacts as well. Though he may complain, from time to time, that we have too much stuff, when I pull things out to get rid of them, he usually protests: Why are you giving that thing away?

(I wonder what he’ll say when he spies this in the garbage...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment