Monday, November 1, 2021

New Walking Adventure











I am always looking for new walking adventures - so I was delighted when, last week, Terry and I discovered a new path by the Ottawa River that we had never taken.











We drove to Andrew Haydon Park, as we often do, but this time, instead of walking around in that park, we took a path in the opposite direction towards a neighbourhood called Britannia. 











I’d be interested in knowing the history of that name!











As we walked next to the river, we could see places where snow boarders had skimmed across the ice last winter, kite boarding on the river.


It had been such fun to watch them!











We also noticed that a river wall had been built - recently, I’d guess - to prevent flooding in spring.











Interesting to see so many walkers and cyclists on the path. 

It evidently is a popular place to come.


When we reached the arena at Britannia park, we turned around and walked back.











I wonder where we would have ended up had we walked to the path’s end.


No comments:

Post a Comment